TapTap Presents took place over the weekend, and suffice to say it was a doozy. The showcase contained 24 highlights which included new upcoming app games, new ports, and incoming updates to some of the biggest titles on the platform.
There is a lot to cover – so here’s a short summary of everything that was revealed…
- Torchlight Infinite unveiled a new trailer for the anticipated mobile ARPG, which is due to release this October.
- Story-rich, beautiful, anime-style, open-world RPG Wuthering Waves showcased a new gameplay trailer that looks like it will give Genshin Impact a run for its money.
- Hero shooter T3 Arena announced its upcoming season, “Lights On”, alongside its new hero, YAA.
- 60-player battle royale NARAKA: BLADEPOINT is releasing a mobile port.
- Anime Captain Tsubasa: Ace is coming to mobile in the form of a competitive soccer game.
- Animal Crossing-like casual sim Heartopia is coming soon, with pre-registration only available on TapTap.
- A retro turn-based tactical RPG Sword of Convallaria: For This World of Peace is yet another anime-style upcoming app game.
- Smash Bros-like brawler Flash Party announced a collaboration with Tarara.
- Indrasoft revealed the turn-based strategy game ANNULUS which combines medieval warfare with Lovecraftian lore.
- Yet another turn-based RPG in yet another anime-style world was unveiled with Etheria: Restart.
- Ambitious spacefaring sandbox Project Stars was revealed, looking like a mobile No Man’s Sky.
- Koi Remake lets players unwind as a curious koi fish exploring a vast lake and solving puzzles, available now.
- Action/adventure RPG ANNO: Mutationem combines 2D and 3D graphics in a mesmerizing cyberpunk setting with a beta due this winter.
- BarbaQ 2 was announced with a beta due to arrive in Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines this August.
- What’s that? You want more anime? Well, the upcoming action ‘aetherpunk’ title, Crystal of Atlan might scratch that itch.
- Neon Abyss: Infinite brings the roguelike 2D platformer to mobile devices, coming soon.
- Strategy mobile idle game, Eternal Evolution, is set to launch in November.
- Unhappy Raccoon is an action roguelike replete with anthropomorphic heroes that will bring oodles of appeal to a certain subculture.
- Go!Go!Muffin is a cutesy idle fantasy RPG rendered in, you guessed it, an anime artstyle.
- For something a little different, Spark Creative Editor is a toolkit for game developers to create their own app games.
- Yaeger: Hunter is a monster-hunting RPG similar to, well, Monster Hunter. An open beta is set for Q4.
- Ragnarok M: Eternal Love is set to receive some big updates including a new hero class.
- Steam’s most popular battle sim, Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TABS) is soon to receive a mobile port.
- Finally, the OG Genshin Impact revealed a preview of its newest area, Sumeru.
To check out the cavalcade of trailers and reveals of upcoming app games, check out the official TapTap recap.
Blizzard Entertainment is probably best known for its well-acclaimed Warcraft franchise which became one of the most successful video
It is undeniable that Mortal Kombat left a huge mark on the history of fighting video games. While Street